Guiding You To Make The Best Decisions
At the Thom Cafferty Law Office in Toledo, I handle a wide range of legal issues for clients across northwest Ohio. I will work closely with you to make certain you understand your options, so that you can make informed decisions.
Contact me to set up a free, one-hour initial consultation regarding any of the following areas of law:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy – I work with clients who seek to discharge debts by liquidating or selling property under Chapter 7. I will help you determine whether you qualify to file under Chapter 7 and, if so, which of your debts can be discharged and which assets may be exempt from sale.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy – If you fail to qualify for Chapter 7 or you want to make a good faith effort to repay your creditors, I will help you file for protection under Chapter 13. We will review any proposed repayment plans to confirm that they are within your means.
- Admiralty and maritime issues – I represent clients with issues related to the operation of watercraft on the Great Lakes and other local waterways. Many commercial mariners are terminated from their jobs because of a positive drug test. If you have tested positive you will need strong, experienced and knowledgeable representation. I also handle the purchase or sale of watercraft, alleged violations of Coast Guard regulations or state or federal laws, Coast Guard licensing issues, and recovery for injuries suffered in boating or watercraft accidents.
- Wrongful death in boating accidents – if you lost a loved one in a boating accident in the Ohio River Valley, or on South Bass Island, or Put-In Bay on the Lake Erie waterfront, I can help. Even if your loved one was at fault, contact my office for immediate legal counsel. You may be eligible for compensation.
- Consumer fraud and consumer protection matters – I handle a wide range of consumer protection matters related to the purchase or repair of motor vehicles, including lemon law actions, warranty claims, and disputes involving the quality or cost of repairs. I have decades of experience and am well-versed in federal consumer protection laws for Ohio consumers.
Contact Me For A Free Initial Consultation
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy