Understanding How Bankruptcy Can Help
At the Thom Cafferty Law Office in Toledo, I will work closely with you to make certain that you understand your options, so that you can make informed decisions. Sometimes bankruptcy is the best option to get out of debt and start fresh.
When To File For Bankruptcy
There are certain benefits to filing for bankruptcy relief. It gives you the space to breathe and think about better ways to organize your financial situation. In fact, bankruptcy is one of the most effective ways to regain control of your finances. In many cases of heavy debt filing for bankruptcy is often the most responsible action to take. Another benefit of a bankruptcy filing is that the automatic stay almost immediately stops creditor from harassing you.
The Protection Of The Automatic Stay
Once you file, an “automatic stay” goes into effect. All of your creditors are alerted to this and must cease and desist their attempts to collect from you. This means no more harassing phone calls or threatening letters. Bankruptcy can also be an effective option to stop foreclosure actions.
The Proven Benefits Of Professional Help
There are some exceptions to the automatic stay. Working with an experienced attorney has proven benefits. A bankruptcy lawyer can:
- Save you time, money and a lot of stress
- Explain the property exemption law
- Ensure that all of the paperwork is filed on time and correctly
- Act as an added shield against unsavory creditors who may try to reinstate loans by somewhat shady methods
- Ensure that the stay is active and protect your interests in court
Helping You With Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Filings
For over a decade I’ve helped people reorganize their finances and successfully start again. If you are in debt and wondering if bankruptcy filing is the best option, call my office or visit the office for a free one-hour consultation. I will explain the process and answer your questions. I help people file for two types of personal bankruptcy:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — I work with you to discharge your debts, which may result in liquidating or selling your property.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — If you fail to qualify for Chapter 7 or you are in a position to make a good faith effort to repay your creditors, I will help you file for protection under Chapter 13.
Call For A Free Consultation Today
Contact the Thom Cafferty Law Office for a free, no obligation one-hour initial consultation with an experienced Northwest Ohio bankruptcy attorney. You can also call me directly at 419-244-0169. Email me to set up your initial consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.